Preparing for Baptism
Perhaps you feel God calling you to be a Christian. Or someone has told you about Jesus, and you want to know what to do nest. Or, having grown up in a Christian home, you now want to express your own personal faith.
At the very beginning of the Christian church, the apostle Peter told those who were responding to the gospel to “repent and be baptized… in the name of Jesus Christ”.
Why be baptized?
Like a window, baptism helps us see what a Christian is and what it means to live the Christian life. Baptism expresses a Christian’s new hope, new family, and new life. It’s like a funeral, naming ceremony, and wedding rolled into one!
This three-session Bible course is designed for:
- people who have recently decided to follow Jesus
- people who want to be baptized
- people who want to understand the significance of their baptism
It will help you understand the gospel and know how to begin the Christian life.
First Step is an easy class where you will discover:
- What it means to encounter Jesus
- How to grow with others in a meaningful relationship
- Opportunities to make a difference in your community and around the world
- Tools to discover your community and around the world
First Step is for ages 18 and up. No matter what your next step is, this is the place to start.